A chaotic sperm on a path of least resistance.

Saturday, October 09, 2004

Mister Guitar

I have a new guitar hero, Chet Atkins. You should hear Chester Atkins play. I use to love Joe Satriani, Vai and the rest, but not anymore. I was so overwhelmed that I enrolled into Yamaha Music School this morning to learn classical guitar. Well, I am quite OK on the six-string equipment and I learned to play by heart since I was 16 but now I am getting serious. When I play, I'll pretend to be Chet. And when the time is right, I'll get myself a Gibson guitar like the one Chet has and pretend to be him. Chet died in 2001 at the age of 77 but his music will live forever.

June 20, 1924 - June 30, 2001
"Years from now, after I'm gone someone will listen to what I've done and know I was here. They may not know or care who I was, but they'll hear my guitars speaking for me."

- Chet Atkins -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home